However I am quite excited since I decided to use 1/48 vehicles instead of the resin ones. They are much better suited to heroic 28mm figures and also superior to resin models in terms of details.
I think the test succeeded reasonably well although painting leaks and washes on light colors is more difficult than on the olive drab. I used a black spray primer and then airbrushed the base color which is a mix of Tamiya acrylics: 2/3 of Xf60 dark yellow and 1/3 Xf55 deck tan which makes a very convincing dunkelgelb with a light tone suitable for further washes and filters. Tamiya acrylics are really a fantastic surprise. They are very easy to spry and extremely matt: the berst you can use for vehicles.
The camo is sprayed by using vallejo air panzer brown 041 and Tamiya deep green Xf26. Then I sprayed a gloss varnish and applied two filters (paine grey and burnt umber) and a black wash using the technique shown in panzermania tutorial.
I resprayed gloss cote and applied leaks, sponge, pigments and mud again following panzermania tutorial.
The result is fine and allowed me to test all the techniques on a tank that is quite unlikely i will ever use on the field.