Thursday, September 27, 2018

Back again


After a long time in which I only posted on facebook I reopen my blog. The reason is that I have been accepted as member of a glorious project and I want to document my steps towards the completion of my tasks ...

In case you are curious the project is nothing less than Waterloo replayed
the largest ever wargame battle with more than 100 players and 22000 miniatures.

I got the info about this project from the newsletter of Perry bros this summer during my holidays ... I immediately wrote to enlist but ... 



Sold out! 

I was not discouraged so I wrote again asking to lbe put in a waiting list in case someone would drop.. 

Land Monday I scanned my hobby email (gargaslittlewars@gmail.com) and I realized that some 10 days earlier I received an email  from one of the organizers Donald Adamson writing me the probably there were some possibility.... 10 days !!!!




I did not even noticed that he called me Danielle (perhaps they were thinking of enlisting a cute girl) ... I immediately wrote Donald saying I accept (took some risk since I did not even consulted my chief of staff :-)

After some very long hours in which I tried to work (not so succesfully) I got an answer from Donald ...



I was in ! I was enrolled as one of the three commanders of the 13th Prussian Brigade (Prussian ? ... ok in the end still a blue jacket !)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...